Friday, June 26, 2009

My 1st wedding anniversary

Yes you guessed right. I am married to my work.

Dear IBM,

My darling husband, we have been married for a year now. I still remember vividly this day last year how we were united. I was scared and excited as every new bride should be. Thanks for the wedding party at the Le Meridian.

I have been a faithful wife to you this past one year. I have never been more commited in my life to anything else. I served you morning and night, through sickness and in health.

The 1st 2 months of our union were the sweetest. Two whole months of pure party. After that I realized the responsibilities that this union had brought upon me. I was no longer in the shelter of my Daddy's house. I fought for you, I fought with you. In the end you always won. But what you dint know was I always let you win.

You gave me financial stability, but for all the money I never really found time to enjoy it cause you were always in need of my constant attention. Along with the financial status came the new responsibility of managing money and paying bills. Now my Daddy used to pay all my bills before this so it took me a while to adjust to my new life.

I have had many ups and downs in our journey together, but more downs than ups. I lost count of the weekends and late nights of hard toil I put in, Just to make you happy. And more often than not you returned my efforts with a scorn or a sneer and no appreciation.

Still in spite of everything, I hold no grudges. Because without you society would never have respected me. So like any devout Hindu wife I wear the 'Mangal Suthra' (holy matrimonial necklace, in this case being my work ID) around my neck and serve you day in and day out.

I realize that our relationship is not exclusive as you have many other wives and umm husbands. But none the less I treasure our relationship. I have had the time to think of what it would be like to not be with you. But this year of our journey together has made me realize: there's nothing else I'd rather be 'doing' ;)

Happy Anniversary!!

- Your loving wife,
raksragh@in.ibm.com (I've even added your name as my last name)

8 comments:

--xh-- said...

lol.. wishing u a joyous first wedding anniversary :)

Unknown said...

thanx anoop!! :)

loop said...

:P
am i invited for the party ?

Unknown said...

@indira of course :) more the merrier!

Unknown said...

awesome! but i have a question :)..iam the 495125th wife of the same husband of urs!! hoping to celebrate my 5th wedding anniversary due in november..whatz ur number by d by? :D ha ha!!

Unknown said...

@ranju i havent counted..!! oh noo :O :O n congrats for putting up wiht 'our' husband for 5 yrs :D

Syd said...

Very entertaining!!

Ashwini said...

nice one! amazing analogy :)