Tuesday, June 24, 2008

New beginings and happy endings and a bunch of crap inbetween

Disclaimer: The following contents are mildly disturbing. No substance abuse of any kind was involved.

I'm excited.. I'm scared.. I'm relieved...I'm insecure... I'm tired...I'm ecstatic... I'm shocked.. I'm sad.. I'm optimistic..
And I have to remind myself to breathe..

Its not fair that I have to handle ALL these emotions at the same time. But that's life I guess.. All or nothing.

I'm excited because I'm now officially employed.

I'm scared two fold because I have no idea what lies ahead AND because I'm expected to grow up in exactly three days.

I'm relieved two fold that today I successfully finished my engineering degree AND got my offer letter.

I'm insecure three fold. First because I'm leaving the security of my student routine. Second because this new path I have to walk alone. Third because I miss my best friends who would've somehow made this all way easier to handle.

I'm dead tired.. drained.. exhausted.. more emotionally than physically.

I'm ecstatic because this is technically one of the happiest days of my life.

I'm shocked because two people I really care about are having the toughest day and night of their lives so far.

I'm quite sad but I still haven't figured out why.

I'm strangely optimistic because the worst is behind me and the best, I know is yet to come.

That's for all the emotions I identify. There's stuff brewing in my brain which I don't even recognize. I so wish someone was reading my mind right now boy would they have a high voltage jolt. I have a million thought running through my weeny little head, not all of them very pleasant.

Wait I feel like I'm forgetting something... Oh yeah!!! BREATHE

5 comments:

--xh-- said...

wow wow.. still more wow.. congratz on the job... all the emotions @ same time... man, thazt a roller coaster journey...

all teh best for the job, and a bright future... :-)

Unknown said...

@xh thanx so much! :)

Unknown said...

Its Just a phase .. it takes some getting used to and this is just the start :)

Rajesh said...

very nice article...its tough 2 express wen u go thru emotions... very good post..keep writing,...

Soumya said...

i jus went thru a chapter of my life...amazin!!